EFTPS Login / EFTPS Enrollment / EFTPS Tax Payment / Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
EFTPS stands for Electronic Federal Tax Payment System. This is a free service from the U.S. Department of the Treasury that has been in existence since 1996. Those that can use this platform are businesses, individuals, federal agencies, tax professionals, and payroll services providers.
It is important that all federal taxes can be paid using EFTPS. If you have registered then, you can make payments via this Web site, a voice response system, or special channels designed for tax professionals, payroll services, and financial institutions.
The good side of it EFTPS is that it is available by phone or online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not just that, you can schedule business and individual payments up to 365 days in advance.
How to Enroll
Before going into the enrollment steps, let’s talk about about the things you need for the EFTPS enrollment. Here are the needed requirements:
– Taxpayer Identification Number (your Employer Identification Number if you’re enrolling as a business)
– Social Security Number if you’re enrolling as an individual
– Banking account number and routing number.
– Address and name as they appear on your IRS tax documents.
When you have the above-listed things, then you can follow these instructions to enroll
a. Go to the “Enrollment.” web-page.
b. Choose “Business,” or “Individual,” or “Federal Agency.”
c. Then enter the information requested information.
d. Click on the Submit button and in seven business days, you will receive your PIN in the mail.
a. Visit this website EFTPS.gov and click on “EFTPS Login.” button
b. Click on “Need a Password.” icon.
c. You have to enter your EIN or SSN and your PIN.
d. Then verify your banking information or your EFTPS enrollment number
e. Choose “Next and create your new Internet password.
Note that this appears on your PIN letter or was given to you when you activated your enrollment via phone
a. Start to make your payment.
b. Visit this web page www.eftps.gov
c. Chose “Make a Payment.” and select “EFTPS Login” again.
d. Use your EIN, PIN, and the password you just set.
e. Then enter the payment information in the step-by-step screens.
Note that you need to save a copy of the Payment Confirmation page when you’re finished because it contains your EFT Acknowledgment Number that acts as a receipt for your payment instruction.
For assistance call Customer service at 1 800 555-8778.
– To pay via the voice response system: 1.800.555.3453
– To reach an EFTPS® customer service agent: 1.800.555.4477 (en español, 1.800.244.4829)
– TDD (hearing impaired): 1.800.733.4829 (8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET M-F)
– If you’re outside the United States, call EFTPS® at 1.303.967.5916 (toll call).
– Help with social security/employer identification number and name mismatch: 1.866.255.0654 (7:30 a.m.-7 p.m. ET M-F)
– Help with rejected registrations dealing with social security/employer identification number and name mismatch: 1-866-255-0654 (7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET M-F)
– Questions about due dates, balances due, payment mailing addresses, penalties, and payments made with errors for businesses: 1.800.829.4933 (Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time))
– Questions about due dates, balances due, and installment agreements for individuals: 1.800.829.1040 (Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time))
– Compliments, complaints, and other comments about EFTPS®: firstname.lastname@example.org